20 March 2009

So cool! - Literally

Two friends and I decided to try Once A Month Cooking together. I have done this on my own however it is more fun with friends. We each chose 5 meals and multiplied our recipes by 3. Most of these meals will have leftovers so we will have dinner for the whole month.

1st column (Courtney): Chicken Spaghetti, Salsa Chili, Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Meatballs (55)
2nd column (Stefanie): Creamy Italian Chicken, Chicken Broccoli, Creamy Chicken & Black Bean Burritos, Meatloaf
3rd column (Jamie): Tortilla Soup, Taco Rice, Chicken Florentine, Buffalo Chicken, Sausage Casserole

And don't tell me you don't have enough room in your freezer! Currently I have 26 packaged meals and 9 bags of frozen vegetables in my freezer.

So now my dinner routine goes something like this:
1) Thaw
2) Dump
3) Heat
4) Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jill Leckbee said...

Courtney, you are an inspiration!! Maybe one day I will try this OMC thing but until then I will just complain every day at dinner time!!

Cary & Katrina Sanders said...

That is so cool! I don't know if I could find anyone to do it with, but I think that I might try!! Thanks for the cool idea!

Shannon said...

That is so nice. There were a few of us who did freezer meals twice a month for a while and then it stopped due to everybody not doing similar amounts and it wasn't worth the money b/c there wasn't enough sometimes. Anyway, just make sure you are all on the same page with that! :) I agree, you are awesome!

Hokie said...

I have been doing this for myself for lunches. I use to do those dollar frozen meals but I really would much more prefer a home cooked meal so I started making what I like and freezing it. Plus I hate makeing something in advanced, this way I grab it on my way out the door and don't have to think about lunches anymore. It saves money and it works when you are a family of one.

Meesha said...

That is totally Awesome! I have another friend who makes does this on here own. I keep meaning to...but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for more inspiration.