08 April 2009

Diaper Deal!

It is finally back! The last time Walgreens ran this sale I only bought 900 diapers. Because I don't know when they will do this again I plan on buying about 5,000 this time. I figure that would be enough for a year's supply!
The Centsible Sawyer

Last night I went out for the first round.
Result: 1,362 diapers for $116.84
Translation: $0.08 per diaper
Comparison:
Pampers - $0.22 per diaper
Huggies - $0.19 per diaper
Luv's - $0.17 per diaper
Parent's Choice - $0.14 per diaper

Go to the pharmacy and ask for the tri-fold coupon booklet. It will look like this. One store had a similar tri-fold except it had no picture of the store on the front and no diaper coupon! If you don't find it at first, try a different store. And no you do not have to sign up for any programs to get this flyer.

This is what it looks like on the inside. There are lots of other good coupons but the one you want is...

... in the bottom right hand corner. Some things to know about this coupon: 1) yes, it says limit one, ignore that. 2) have the checker scan all of your diapers (I clean out the store and get about 12 packages at a time). 3) after diapers are scanned (@ 4.50 each) the coupon will be scanned taking off $2 for every package you have (ie. 12 packs x 4.50 = $54.00 - coupon $24.00, total = $30.00) 4) you get to keep your coupon! (this is not a manufacture coupon so you get it back to use again and again)

I hope this helps. Happy diaper buying!

6 comments:

jen said...

Amazing!!!

Elisabeth said...

I saved 150.00 on 5 months worth! Makes me in such a good mood to save! Plus I love not running out of diapers or having to put it on my grocery list.

Tara said...

Becca Killpack told me about your blog and where to look for the diaper coupons. I've gone to three walgreens in my area and none of them know what I'm talking about when I ask for the tri fold coupon book. One cashier suggested looking online and bringing the coupon back and she would see what she could do. I've looked though and can't find it online either. Do you know if I can find it online somewhere? Even at $4.5 though it's still a good deal but it would be amazing to have the extra $2 off. Thanks for the help.

Tara said...

I actually followed the link at the beginning of this blog and learned better how to ask and what I was actually looking for. I went back to the stores and one of them did have it. Thanks for sharing the savings.

Jamison Family said...

I am happy things seem to be going well for everyone!

Colton Anne said...

Congrats and thanks for being specific on where to get the coupons, etc! You should be stocked for life now! :) I love bargains like this...the other day I got pringles for 0.38/tube and they were the super stackers! I was way excited and Nick made fun of me for being so excited! The little joys in life right!?